Uniworld boosts sales team as UK and Europe MD Chris Townson relocates to Australia

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Uniworld has promoted Angela Sloan to Director of Sales and made Dawn Quinn and Lee Evanson National Sales Managers as UK and Europe MD Chris Townson relocates to Australia with his family.

However, the river cruise line stressed Chris (above, right) will retain overall responsibility for the UK and European markets, returning four times a year for major industry events, including CLIA conferences, WTM and Uniworld’s annual ‘kick off’ meeting in February.

He will be working remotely with flexible hours ‘to ensure seamless and consistent communication with partners and colleagues’, it said.

At the same time, David Broad has joined as a Sales Manager from Cruise Manager at Real Response Media, where he managed events at Cruise Travel News. He has also previously worked for JTA Travel, MSC Cruises and TUI.

Chris said: “This year has been our best ever for sales from the UK market – we are currently 35% up on where we were this time in 2022, which was in itself a record year for us.

“This is due in part to having one of the longest serving and most consistent teams in the industry, both onboard our ships and within our UK sales and marketing team.

“Ang, Dawn and Lee have been with us for 20 years between them, and have a wealth of passion, experience and strong relationships that have helped our business to thrive.

“I am delighted for them with their promotions and look forward to working with them from my new home in Australia. We have the right team to continue the momentum into 2024, and I will be working flexible hours to ensure that my team and our valued trade partners are serviced and supported even better as we move forward.”

Angela (above, left) was previously Head of Sales UK and Dawn and Lee were Key Account Managers.

A new appointment will join the 10-strong sales and marketing team in the coming months to manage the south-east region, said Uniworld.

The post Uniworld boosts sales team as UK and Europe MD Chris Townson relocates to Australia appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom