Were February sales a washout or did Cupid play matchmaker? Here’s Undercover Homeworker’s view

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
I don’t know about you, but the first few weeks of the year were a whirlwind from a sales perspective but the last week of January saw the bumper payday weekend that never was.

Then the first week February saw my sales prowess transform from the equivalent of a Ferrari to a clapped-out Morris Minor.

No one was booking, no one was replying to quotes and when they did it was followed by the usual catalogue of customer excuses that seem to miraculously appear overnight…

“My boiler’s broke.”

“The washing machine’s broke.”

“The car needs a load of work doing.”

“We’ve had a family emergency.”

“My next door neighbour’s cat’s sister’s ill.”

Is it just my customers that have the worst possible luck in the 24 hours between asking for a quote, receiving it and then being asked to book?

The phrase ‘like pulling teeth’ sprang to mind and I was pulling my hair out. After 17 years in travel, I don’t know why I do it to myself.

I stress about being self-employed and I wonder where the month’s pay is going to come from. However, as we hit mid-month, the sales started to filter through and before I knew it I’d done more than the same time last year!

I always try and predict how a month will go with the usual first week rush, mid-month lull and then payday rush, but February really kept us on our toes.

As the late, great George Michael sang: “You gotta have faith.”

The post Were February sales a washout or did Cupid play matchmaker? Here’s Undercover Homeworker’s view appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom